SharePoint is a cloud-based Web portal for organizing all of your company’s documents where they’re easy access, edit, protect and share. Here’s why you’d want it for your business:
- You can view and edit many different kinds of documents from anywhere.
- It makes it really easy to control who has access to share files.
- It indexes the contents of all your files. Here’s why that’s useful:
Let’s say you’re looking for a file that has the words “2019 budget” in the content. Servers only search filenames, so to find it on a server, the words “2019 budget” need to be in the filename. SharePoint, on the other hand, searches the contents of files in addition to filenames. If you search “2019 budget,” the file you’re looking for will come up along with any others that have those words in their content.
- It’s a perfect tool for building an Intranet, or company portal, for files, charts, graphs, data, news, announcements and just about anything else your employees want or need to know.
- It processes forms, so it can serve as a central repository for all of your internal business forms. You can convert all your paper forms into SharePoint so they’re electronic and easier to share and use.
If you’re putting something on a server today, you can put it on SharePoint tomorrow. And manipulating it will be faster, easier and safer. We can help.