Network AdministratorJoin our team!
This position serves as the centralized entry point and provides escalated troubleshooting for technology-related service requests and support-related issues for technical issues across the company and clients. In addition, they provides direct client support by taking calls, answering emails, responding to tickets, answering support-related questions, and performing desk-side support.
- Primary/first line interface for escalations from other end-user support technicians.
- Provide technical assistance resolving IT-related problems including hardware, software, system compatibility conflicts, malfunctions, applications, connectivity, network, and security issues.
- Prioritize daily workload and Help/Service Desk requests according to policy and procedure.
- Responsible for devising and delivering solutions to enhance the quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Log customer information and follow requests through to completion, including communication and troubleshooting to resolve and fulfill customer requests.
- Responsible for accurate documentation within our ConnectWise ticketing system.
- Create and update knowledge base documentation for step-by-step instructions.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers, coworkers, and stakeholders through open lines of interactive communication.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on solutions at the desktop and server level support tier.
- Research emerging end-user support/Service desk products, services, tools, and practices.
- Set client expectations when opening and assigning service tickets and ensure all requests/services are executed on time and in accordance with the service level agreements set with the business.
- Make recommendations to assist associates and improve the overall efficiency of daily operational procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of core hardware/software standards as well as new technologies/applications being introduced in order to provide technical and accurate solutions to customers.
- Active participation in rotational “on-call” support.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
- Achieve and maintain Help/Service Desk performance metrics.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associate’s degree in computer science, business, or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Knowledge of Virtual environment within Microsoft Hyper-v, Azure, and VMWare
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure
- Knowledge of TrueIT’s remote device security tools (ConnectWise Automate)
- Experience with desktop (hardware/software), third-party software/hardware applications, and home office configurations
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex PC and network problems.
- The ability to identify patterns and investigate mission-critical solutions
- Strong customer skills with an ability to work with accuracy
- Team player with a strong work ethic and operates with a sense of urgency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays high initiative and works well under pressure