NOC AdministratorJOIN OUR TEAM
Join our team
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: On-Site
Full Job Description
Network Operations Center (NOC) champions the availability and integrity of its client’s systems, networks, and essential technology operations.
This role is part of the managed services group of the company, initial triage of issues, client endpoints, network & server patching, monitoring, alerting, related break-fix support, and remediation for a wide variety of customers ranging from small to enterprise companies.
In this experienced operations role, one will monitor customer systems and collaborate with internal teams to complete patching and service objectives. This is an active, hands-on role that relies on problem-solving capabilities self-reliance, and good time management. Team members in this role will be expected to be able to provide more advanced systems administration and troubleshooting while acting as a supporting or escalation resource for other team members. This position requires the ability to prioritize disparate alerts and cases and juggle those cases against some maintenance project load.
NOC team members are specialized in server and network resource monitoring. We will provide proactive monitoring and support of the network infrastructure and critical computing systems and services. An advantage of this NOC is that it is a part of a larger IT organization composed of a managed help desk and highly trained infrastructure engineers. As such they have a direct link to be able to quickly resolve the most crucial issues that pop up.
Escalation Team Service Responsibilities:
- Platform Security
- Azure Services
- Hosting Services
- Client Platform Project Technical Direction
- Escalated Support Services Requests
- Product/Solution Configuration and Design
- Assist other team members with escalated cases or operational issues.
- Maintain/upgrade internal systems.
- Internal & client network and systems diagnostics.
- Deploy system patches in accordance with defined SOPs.
- Responsible for implementing, tuning, and maintaining server environments.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations.
- Deploy security/bug fixes to Systems and perform any other planned maintenance activities on an established cycle.
- Maintain awareness of software patches and their impact on the environment.
- Issue problems, change and request tickets when necessary for both Infrastructure and customer environments.
- When appropriate, escalate issues quickly and efficiently to solve problems.
- Onboarding tasks for new client environments
- Offboarding tasks for current clients
- Running rapid-fire on prospective clients’ environments
- Other tasks as appropriate.
Operational Duties (Recurring Expectations):
- Implement projects while following all standards.
- Provide active feedback and insight if the above-stated standards should be changed.
- Work with TAMs/PMs to ensure expectations are communicated to clients.
- Aid all members in completing a task as needed.
- Provide training to all members who require it as needed.
- Continuous learning and development of technical skills.
- Proper documentation of all work in IT Glue.
- Enter all phone calls or emails into the ConnectWise for each case actioned.
- Maintain and improve ConnectWise Automate and ConnectWise Control for internal and clients
- Enter time for each actioned case or project task daily.
- Respond to owned cases within applicable SLA in accordance with department procedures.
- Follow up on all assigned cases daily (unless in a status indicating a wait).
- Document inbound support requests with the ConnectWise in detail before escalating to a higher resource.
- Ensure clients are consistently communicated through cases on a regular basis.
- Availability and responsiveness when participating in an on-call rotation.
- Must work some holidays and have the flexibility to work extra shifts as required by management
- Implement SecureIT for customers as needed
- Deploy and verify the implementation of Security Services to clients
- Other duties as assigned
Measurable Targets (KPIs):
- Response Time SLA success average is above 90% for all owned cases
- Case closure rate before 5 business days of 80%
- Maintain target of 75% of time weekly allocated to client billable work, minimum 50%
- Quality of client communications (individually measured)
- Quality and accuracy of case classifications
- Quality of case resolutions and resolution notes
- Prompt feedback and notes on all project engagements
- Measurable contribution (To be determined monthly) to ITG documentation and training systems monthly
- Team Lead feedback pertaining to other objectives related to service area targets (such as project completion, timelines, budgets, support escalations, or other defined expectations)
- Obtaining ConnectWise Automate Administration Certification (in the first six months)
Learning and Skill Objectives:
- Familiarity with all related tools
- Familiarity with admin and installing from scratch: ADDS, AAD, O365 Exchange, MSSQL, IIS
- Network Administration: 1 year (preferred)
- System Administration: 1 year (preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (preferred)