Project Manager AssistantJOIN OUR TEAM!
Join our team
Project Manager Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18 – $21 per hour DOE
Work Location: On-Site
Full Job Description
The Project Manager Assistant will assist with administrative tasks by moving projects from project scoping through to completion. This role is part of the professional services department of the company. The goal of this department is to provide successful projects for a wide variety of customers ranging from small to enterprise companies.
While technical skills are not a requirement, an interest in technology would help ensure active engagement within the department. The project manager assistant handles multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and is open to constant changes and challenges. This engaging, hands-on role relies on good time management and superior customer service skills. In addition, this position requires the ability to be familiar with multiple projects at various stages of the project process and be proactive in ensuring they continue to move forward. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to monitor multiple projects at once without day-to-day guidance.
Professional Services projects can include a wide range of different technology-focused improvements.
- implementing Office 365 Exchange Online
- replacing a server
- upgrading business software
This role will allow Professional Services to handle additional projects through the project process to create on-time, on-budget projects with happy customers
Project Manager Assistant Duties
Assist Project Manager with the successful full cycle of assigned projects, from initiation to completion, including receipt of payment.
- Assist in reaching out and communicating with clients, engineers, other internal staff, and vendors on the specific statement of work clarifications via email, calling, or setting up meetings.
- Assist with communicating with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Review and communicate new information relating to future and current projects
- Handle requests for information and data collection.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and Project Manager to ensure project success
- Assist with project correspondence by preparing and reviewing project proposals, meeting minutes, and emails
- Review and file project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current
- Write and edit documents from reports and instructional documents
- Assist in creating templates and checklists to ensure each statement of work is created with efficiency and completed.
- Edit statement of work creation process document to prevent issues from arising.
- Participate in project scope meetings and propose improvements if necessary
- Record and distribute meeting minutes with clients.
- During unexpected customer downtime, assist in client communication, collection of related tickets, ensuring proper follow up on tickets
- Report all issues to the Project Manager
- Be capable of short-term coverage for the project in the event of Project Manager absences
- Work under time constraints to meet specific deadlines
- Work with procurement to verify all equipment is on the way, updating the project manager on the status
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects
- Review current projects to keep workflow on track
- Monitor current project hours
- Performing other duties assigned by the Project Manager in an orderly and efficient manner
Operational Duties (Recurring Expectations):
- Provide excellent customer service
- Implement projects while following all standards
- Aid all members in completing tasks as needed
- Enter all phone calls or emails into ConnectWise for each project actioned
- Enter time for each actioned project task daily
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent industry experience
- 1 year of Customer Service Experience required
- 1 year of Administrative Assistant Experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong aptitude for working within deadlines
- Integrity, honesty, and responsibility with a desire to contribute to a team
- Highly organized with attention to detail, driven, and professional
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced industry
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull upwards of 25 lbs. on an occasional basis